Monday, February 15, 2010

Inkspriations Colour Challenge #18

I've had the best weekend just relaxing and spending time with my family and even STAMPING!! I needed to make 4, YES FOUR!! Birthday cards ready for this week and so with that in mind I jumped on my computer for some inspiration for colours, layouts and the like!
My first port of call was the lovely Keesh for her latest Inkspirations Colour Challenge.

I have to say that when I pulled out the card stock ready to create I was a little....ummm how can I say it.... taken a back... at the way they looked together, I really wasn't impressed and wondered how on earth I was going to pull them off!!! Thankfully as I began it all came together and my mind was changed to "YAY these can really work!!"
I've wanted to play more with my new Sale-A-Bration sets, how cute is that cake!! I love the Frames with a flourish too so with keeping it simple this is how it turned out!

The cake is coloured with blender pens and then I added some extra detail with the marker directly.
Watch out for my 2nd card which I'll post tomorrow
SMiles SHarnee :0)

Cake for YOU
Set: Frames with a Flourish & Happy Moments
Ink: Brocade blue, Ruby red and Basic black
Card: Very vanilla & Mellow moss
Acc: Blender pens, markers and dimentionals

4 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I really love this card, especially the frames with a flourish stamped to the left of the little cake!! I think you have created a great balance with the colours!

Unknown said...

Another great card Sharnee, and i love its simplicity, well done, very elegant.

Tui Nathan said...

I love the clean and simple design on this card .... minimum elements, yet all bases covered for the challenge ... just lovely!!!

Susan Joyce said...

Love the clean and simple element to your card, very delightful.