Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Just Add Ink Challenge #23

Paper is one of those things that you can easily become a collector of! I know many a fabulous girl that buys packets and sheets of beautiful, gorgeous paper just to add to there already 100's of pages at home! Then when it comes time to use it..... well it's just TOO pretty to cut up!!
I'm sure you've all been there........ I know I have!! :0)
So with the challenge at JUST ADD INK to use DSP, I pulled out one of my favourite packs and reluctantly but in the end happily cut a bit of this and a bit of that and made myself a fun, happy, sunshine filled card!
I'm trying to work out how to use a brayer, so here I made some green grassy looking background with the lovely blue sky! I LOOOVE how the brayer doesn't go into those fabulous little stitch marks, it's a really great effect!
Here's a close up:

Even the wing is some DSP!
I hope that this post finds you happy and chirping "HELLO!!"
Smiles Sharnee :0)

HELLO there little bird
Set: Cheap talk
Ink: Certainly celery, Old olive, Bashful blue & Not quite navy, chocolate chip, & pumpkin pie
Card: Whisper white, Summer sun and Very vanilla
Acc: Clips assorted, BIG SHOT, new Tag punch, brayer, circle punch and kiwi kiss ribbon

8 comments:

Christine Blain said...

This is indeed a happy, sunshiney card, love! The bird's little wing is my FAVOURITE part! Love the use of the little clip too. Cute, cute, cute!

Tania Gould said...

Oooo I love those stitching marks too! How effective! Love the paper and ur brayering - such a bright inspiring card!

KimB said...

Hi Sharnee,

what a fabulous card!! You did a great job with the brayer makes me want to get mine out right now! Love the chequered wing on the birdy and the tag sentiment.
Kim

Anonymous said...

I really really LOVE this card, it is soo bright and cheery, I think it is fabulous! Belinda Phillips.

AJ said...

This is stunning, love all that colour! Thanks for playing!

Vanessa said...

It's a beautiful card!

Turns out I am up to date with your blog, I just somehow missed your post with the card for Mr Green!

Love your blog, you're doing such a great job with it, and thinking of you heaps my amazing friend :) :)

Danielle Daws said...

Beautiful! You've done a great job. Delys did an awesome video on brayering if you're interested... http://delysc.wordpress.com/2010/05/14/just-add-ink-blog-hop/

Traveling Mama said...

This is so cool! I love that background! Hope you and your family are doing well? Sending hugs from Denmark!