Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Just Add Ink Scrapping Page for July #7... Add hidden journalling

There is something wonderful about scrapping your memories! I'd lost the art there for awhile, in fact YEARS!! It was much easier and quicker to "whip" up a card!! But once you've scrapped it's hard to ignore forever and so I've found myself wanting to do it more and more in recent times!!
For this month with my Paper Dolls stamp club our theme was "Christmas in July!" I wanted to have a sample of a few things for my display and thought I'd join in on this month's JAI scrap challenge! YAY!!
The idea is to have some hidden journalling or memorabilia and so this is what I came up with!!
The technique used is Emboss Resist which I did with a wheel and I chose the colour combo from the lovely, Christmassey fabric SU sell (in the current catty) called Deck the Halls. Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede and some vanilla and crumb cake.

I love this picture of the children, their excitement factor at the mere thought that ANY MOMENT they were picking off lollies and eating this long awaited for Gingerbread house!! It was sooo cool.

My hidden journalling is simply pulled up with the "something nice" tag above the pic. Then it was just super fun adding this.... sparkles, ginger bread man, fabric, faux stitching, spritz, tree, vintage tag, ribbon.... the list goes on..... kinda like all the lollies on the house!! he he!
 

I hope you like my take on the challenge this month, hopefully I can join in some more.....
Happy Christmas In July day (after all it is the 25th!!)

8 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

So many pretty, festive elements to this layout. TFS.

Lisa J said...

Fabulous technique Sharnee. Love all the little details you have included. Thanks for the lovely comment you left at my blog too.

Paula Dobson said...

Love the emboss resist with the Holly Sharnee. A gorgeous page ♥

Ruthy said...

Love that border wheel effect you've added on your page- Looks awesome- Thanks for joining in on July's JAI Scrapbooking challenge- Ruthy

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Sharnee!! Love it to bits!

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

What a great technique - the emboss resist looks fab!

Thanks for entering this month's scrapbook challenge at JAI.

Trish
JAI Design Team

Tina said...

What a fantstic photo! You can see how excited they all are. You've made a really cute tag for your hidden journalling. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this month.

Christine Blain said...

Sharnee, your layout is just so beautiful, with lots of gorgeous details to look at. What beautiful children (but I'm sure you know that!) .... and such a lovely way to capture this exciting moment!