Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Happy Birthday Chalkboard Technique {yes one more!}


As you might well have guessed I've had a ball with this ON TREND new Chalkboard Technique. It really is sooo much fun and totally fits the rustic theme I love sooo much! To not have to worry about little embossing flecks on my card front cause it just adds to the effect really makes me smile and the sponging the card stock is always a fav thing for me to do as well!
So here is the card that actually started it all off for me, I made this for my very lovely friend KIM for her birthday last month. Kim always takes note of backgrounds (went with the Woodgrain embossing folder) and does like to have greetings "just so," so for her I pulled out my stamp-a-ma-jig!!!

 
Before doing a larger word board like this one it's best to stamp it on some scrap to see if you're happy with the layout and the spacing. Once you've done that then take it to your black card stock.
I'm really loving this sweet little rose trim (from the Seasonal mini) and the vintage buttons, adding them to the side I think finished it all off nicely!
Tell me have you played with this technique yet???
Hope your week is starting off to be a wonderful one,

1 comment:

Carli said...

Its beautiful Sharnee!! I love that technique. A friend has had my heat tool and embossing supplies for ages, it's definitely time to claim them back and have a go at this. The colours are so beautiful together, love it!
xx Carli xx