Saturday, January 11, 2014

SUO Challenge #87 Colours of January!


 
I'm here to show another card I've had the delight in making during this last week! The challenge is the colours of January over at SUO!! My very clever down-line Bron is one of the designers there along with a whole bunch of lovely ladies!! SO what do I think when I consider the colour of January???
EASY!!! NEW colour combo's!! With the Occasions Mini nearly released and the long awaited for Sale-a-bration catty there is always some fresh, fun new colours that have been mixed together just screaming to be played with!! SO play with them I did!!!

Colour combo here is Bakes brown sugar, Tangerine tango, coastal cabana, so saffron and very vanilla!! It's all part of the funky new Retro Fresh Suite!!! LOVE!!!! The Peachy Keen stamp set is in the up and coming mini (goes live 28th Jan) which is my feature on this card! Along with the co-ordinating On Film framelits. Then you'll notice some little gold heart on vellum!! Ohhh that's a fabbo new pack of printed vellum in either gold or silver!! YIPPEE!!! 
 
Have a look at that wooden arrow!! Essentials wooden elements are a amazing pack of wooden goodness!! and lastly the washi tape, again all part of the new Retro Fresh Suite!!! When stamping on these it's best to use your stamp-a-ma-jig that way you'll have perfect placement!!

I took the time to stamp on the inside again with another fun frame and the greeting from From my Heart. I sponged on some of the baked brown sugar ink to soften the clean edges and give it a "retro" look.
So there you have my take on the current SUO challenge!! Loved joining in and can't wait to show you more crafty goodness in the next few days!!

5 comments:

Julie Gearinger said...

Love your card with the new Occasions Mini items :-) The color combo is wonderful and the shimmer paper adds the perfect touch- thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is awesome, Sharnee. Love the colours in the Retro Fresh DSP. It's definitely on my next order. It's great to see you've had some stamping time lately :) Thanks for joining in with the challenge at SUO.

Unknown said...

Really cute card! I love all the elements and use of the Occasions Catalog items. Thanks for playing along with SUO Challenges.

Karen Barber said...

Great job putting it all together here…..a very unique creation!

Connie Babbert said...

Cute, cute!!! I love how you finished off the inside, too! Love that instagram/polaroid look, too!