Thursday, September 18, 2014

Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge #236 - Frozen inspired card (Elsa)

 
I'm holding my monthly Paper Dolls stamp club tonight and for this month I really wanted to show case the amazing Undefined stamp set!!! I have to say when I first saw it I thought.... well I don't think that's very cool........ but when I saw THIS I decided to buy one myself and give it a whirl!!!
I'm sooooo pleased that I did!! Can you believe what you can actually achieve with the right tools, the rubber and your favourite image!!!
 
Then all I needed was a great sketch...... thanks to Karen at The sweetest thing she has wonderful card sketches each and every week! This weeks one was a must for my card!! YAY!
close up of the wonderful Dazzling diamonds glitter paper and the new snowflakes
(found in the latest SU mini!)

Ok, so I knew I wanted a girly card (and a boy card which I'll show tomorrow) and as anyone knows FROZEN is the all time FAV movie at the moment with the most wonderful characters!!! So I found THIS image of Elsa and after tracing over it all in pencil and then rubbing it onto the rubber it was then time to carve!!
 
 
 
 The first stamping...... WOW!!

It certainly was a more tricky one to do but the result I'm soooo thrilled with!!!! YAY!! YAY!! YIPPEE!!! Can't wait to show my fabbo ladies in club, I also can't wait to give this card to my sweet Esther for her 5th birthday coming up in December!! Totally got that one organized......
gotta be happy about that!!

3 comments:

Mae's Cachet said...

This is very clever of you Sharnee, your daughter is going to love it!

Paula Dobson said...

Wow, Sharnee!! You nailed this stamp carving. Tell me that wasn't your first attempt?! Your daughter is going to be so amazed with her talented Mum!!

Kim Butterworth said...

This was such an awesome card to make Sharnee. I am looking forward to my undefined set arriving so I can get creating!