Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Teenage Birthday invitaions - A girl who's turning thirteen!


Birthdays are a wonderful thing, turning a year older, eating cake, celebrating with family and friends, opening pressies... the list goes on!
But when my oldest daughter turned 13 I had mixed feelings..... 
Happiness,
Sadness,
Excitement,
Fear of the unknown!!!!
 ARHHHH we have a TEENAGER!!
So with a special birthday there needs to be special invitations and what better start then that of the Stacked with Love DSP available in the Occasions Mini.
 
I'm soooo loving this paper!! SO many wonderful choices and patterns and colours!! I asked Hannah to go through it and pick her fav's, this is what she selected.....


With the word bubbles die, some number words, sentiment (both retired from last mini) and a shinning star (after all that is what our little girl is!) I had a completed invite!!

Much to my customers surprise I do actually keep retired stamp sets (ONLY sometimes!! hee he) and this invite set is one that I've had put away for years now.
You need to have matching envelopes when posting such special mail and with all that they were sent out! What tips do you have for "teenage" birthday cards and invites?? I'm sure I'll learn quickly as it seems that more and more they are the cards I'm needing to make!

No comments: